Friday, July 2, 2010

So tiring....

Is it bad that I'm dreading going home?


The girls have decided that they no longer want to go to bed at 7:30pm, which they've been doing rather consistently for the last three months or so.  No.  Now they would prefer to go to bed around 9:30-10pm.  But they would also prefer to be held from 8pm until then and need a lot of help to actually go to sleep.


Fantastic.



And throw Zev on top of that, who now goes to bed around 8pm.



Suffice it to say the last few evenings have been...hellish.  Tiring.  Dinner ends up being around 9pm, during which I am finally pumping and then I crash.  Time to chat with my husband?  Yeah, not-so-much.  Time to myself?  Uh-huh...  Jason gets around that one by staying up even later, but since I end up pumping again in the middle of the night, that is a no-go for me.



I didn't think things could get more overwhelming, but there you go.  I now realize how important that extra hour or so we had of quiet actually was....



I'm hoping this is just a temporary phase.  Or I really will go absolutely insane.  We will have a bit of a respite this weekend.  Tomorrow we're having a baby sitter come over around Zev's nap time and Jason and I are going to escape for a lunch date.  And on Monday, although we are not working, we are still having Meredith come over and I think we'll (gasp) go see a movie.



I seriously cannot remember the last movie I saw in the theater.  You could hold a gun to my head, and I still couldn't think of it.  Its probably been around a year.  Sad, I know.



Other update:  surgery is scheduled!  I decided to get my diastasis repaired and will be having that done on 9/22.  It made sense to wait until after a big project was over at work, as well as the Jewish holidays.  The recovery is a 6 week recovery, with the first 2 weeks rather hard-core.  I get to come home with drainage tubes.  yay!  And not allowed to pick up anything heavier than my purse for those initial weeks...that would include toddlers and babies.  We will need help, and our family has agreed to be available for those first weeks post-surgery.  Its going to be rough, but I admit to being happy that it is scheduled.  I've been really miserable while dealing with this problem and I'm looking forward to getting it fixed.  I just hope we're able to get the help we need:  Jason can't be a single dad again, so we'll need nightly help for at least the first week, if not the first week and a half.  I'll be out of work for about 2 weeks and on restricted activity for the full 6 weeks...but at least I know what that feels like!



No plans for the fourth.  There are some kiddie activities around the area and we may try to hit them.  But, as I've said before, getting everyone out of the house sometimes just isn't worth the stress....

2 comments: