Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Groundhog day

My day yesterday alone with the girls:

Hear Meorah so get her bottle of breastmilk + fortifier ready
Get her up and change her diaper
Bring her downstairs and feed her, watching her reflux and watching how much she is eating.
Burp and hold for about 15 minutes

Hear her sister, so get HER bottle of breastmilk + fortifier out
Swaddle up Meorah and bring her back upstairs to put her down
Get up Tzelia and change her diaper
Bring her downstairs and feed her, watching her reflux and watching how much she is eating.
Burp and hold for about 15 minutes

Look at the clock and realize it is time to pump

Swaddle Tzelia and bring her back upstairs to put her down

Pump for half an hour

Look at the clock and realize its time for Meorah to eat again....

Lather, rinse, repeat....

(Note that I could feed them at the same time, but I chose not to yesterday:  when I do that, I don't have a chance to spend much 1-1 time with them and wanted to be able to do that.  It just means everything takes twice as long)

Suffice it to say:  I did nothing but feed babies and pump yesterday.  How exciting.

3 comments:

  1. I remember those days. They seem so long ago now, but just 2 years ago I was where you are today.

    I remember hearing (on many occasions)..."sleep when the babies sleep". Just doesn't happen when you have more than one at a time.

    Hope you are coping OK.

    Hugs
    Cary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a SuperMom. I salute you!

    --Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. I feel badly for not being more 'productive', but I suppose feeding two babies and pumping is being productive...especially when you are going on lack of sleep....

    ReplyDelete