Tuesday, February 16, 2010


I've never had pneumonia before...  it isn't fun.

This weekend was the weekend from hell.  I started feeling under the weather around Friday/Saturday.  By Saturday night I was definitely feeling sick and the fever was starting to climb.  Come Sunday I was so light sensitive I couldn't stand to be in a room if the light was on, had a 101 degree fever, and spent the entire day in bed with a hacking cough, runny eyes, and runny nose.  Monday = more of the same.  I was taking Tylenol every 6 hours:  if I missed a dose, I immediately would get the chills and my temperature would sky-rocket again.  Then I would take Tylenol, and I would sweat it out as my temperature dropped.  Misery.  At one point last night I was wearing two sweatshirts, a regular shirt, had two comforters, and a heating blanket and was STILL shivering.  At 6 am this morning I realized it actually hurt to breathe...

Time to email the doctor...

I went in for an X-ray this morning and sure enough:  pneumonia.  I'm on a course of 5 days of antibiotics and then I have to have another X-ray in two weeks.  If it gets worse, I am to call my doc immediately.

Back to bed rest for me...which sucks.  And I know what is going to happen:  after a few days of antibiotics I'm going to feel fine.  And I'm going to want to do things.  And my warden husband is going to get pissed at me for doing too much and yell at me.  I already lived that life for three months when I was on bed rest for the pregnancy.  Sucks.

But call out to my husband...while yours truly was wanting to die over the weekend, he had to once again be a single parent...only this time to not ONLY a toddler but to a toddler and two newborn babies who aren't very cooperative with eating.  Said toddler also decided to get food poisoning (I think) and throw up everything he has ever eaten in his lifetime on Sunday night and into Monday morning.

And just to make things even more 'special', we had the visiting nurse come on Monday to give the girls their Synagis shots.  She comes weekly and weighs them (very nice service offered to us through the hospital) and turns out Tzelia lost an ounce in a week.  I was not surprised:  her eating has not been good the last week or so and when I graphed her intake (yes, I'm a geek...I have all of their feedings charted in Excel, as well as my pumping output) I can see that she has dropped 2 ounces/day for the last 4 days.  So she needs to go to the doctor, but I can't take her:  I have pneumonia.  And both girls are due for their two month checks sometime this week as well.  They were also supposed to have hip ultrasounds today, but that obviously isn't happening...

I knew life would be more complicated once the girls came along.  But this is a bit much, dontcha think?


  1. wow, hang in there and hope you feel better soon !

  2. Hope you feel better soon!!!

    And my husband is a geek as well - when we had Nora he made a whole chart of what side she nursed on, how long she nursed on each side, notes on the feeding, etc. I stopped him before he put it in excel though, lol! :)