Tuesday, December 7, 2010

And Happy Birthday to my girls!

I was just re-reading my post talking about the day the girls were born.  It was a pretty rough day.  Looking at pictures of them, I find it so hard to believe how much they have changed.

I don't remember all that much of last December.  Stress, lack of sleep, pain....all washed away a lot of the memories.  Which is why I'm glad I started writing this.  I had forgotten some details of my pregnancy and labor and re-reading them brought back a lot of memories.  I wish I had posted more pictures, but we have them all at home on our computers, of course.

After work I am meeting Jason and the kids at the NICU for a visit.  I haven't been there since they discharged Tzelia (Meorah had been discharged 1.5 weeks prior) back in January.  I have mixed feelings.  I love showing off the girls and I'm very proud of how they are doing.  And I know the nurses will like to see them:  its what makes their job worthwhile....healthy and happy babies.  But I worry it will also bring back a lot of sad emotions and memories, and the stress and anxiety I felt at the time.  Just re-reading some of my thoughts brought back a little bit...its been a long year.  But I think the overriding emotion is really joy.  They've come so far, and we are just so lucky.  I read preemie message boards and I am well-aware of the problems we could be facing.  And there still may be some down the road.  But for now...things are great.  The girls are happy babies (even the drama-queen Tzelia).  Even Zev has grown a lot in the last year.

We're having a birthday party for them this weekend.  But for now...happy birthday little girls.  I'm so happy you're here and I can only hope things continue to be as wonderful as they are.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, girl! My 32-weeker, Julianna, just turned one year old on the 19th, so I came over here to say happy first birthday to your preemies, too! Happy birthday, Tzelia & Meorah!
    Did you actually go back to visit the NICU? I considered doing the same here, but I don't think I could handle it...Just the idea fills me with panic. I don't really want to re-live that time; I just want to celebrate where we are right now! Hugs & Happy birthday to you, too, Mama! --Tamara

    ReplyDelete